Burritos To Go
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (11 ounce)
can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green
bell pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 (8- or 9-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup
- 1 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut six (12 inch) squares of aluminum foil.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until
hot. Add ground beef. Cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- Add taco seasoning mix, corn, peppers, and water. Reduce heat to low. Cook for
3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is of desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Place each tortilla on foil square. Spread about 3 tablespoons refried beans
down the center of each tortilla.
- Top each with beef mixture and cheese.
- Fold bottom 1/3 of each tortilla over filling. Roll tortilla starting at one
side. Wrap each burrito securely in foil.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- If desired, serve with refried beans, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and salsa.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 1 burrito = 1 serving
Calories 490; Calories from fat 190; Total fat 21g; Saturated fat 9g; Cholesterol
65mg; Sodium 1450mg; Total Carbohydrate 50g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 4g; Protein
Dietary Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat OR 3 1/2 Carbohydrate,
2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat