Chicken Burrito Stack
- 1 (about 1 1/4 cups) medium yellow onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 (about 1 1/4 cups) medium red onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 (about 1 cup) red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (about 1 cup) green bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles,* undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Mexican blend cheeses
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
Add onions; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add peppers and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and chiles with liquid, salt and cumin; cook about
7 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Place one tortilla on baking sheet. Spread with one-third of chicken mixture;
sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times; top with remaining tortilla and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until tortilla stack is heated through and cheese
- Serve in wedges; sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
* Plain diced tomatoes can be substituted for a non-spicy recipe.
Calories per serving: 516 Fat: 24 g Carbohydrate: 37 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.