Shredded Chicken Burritos
- 1 (4-6 pound) whole chicken, thawed if frozen
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package large flour tortillas
package shredded Mexican cheese
- Place onions, peppers and both cans of stewed tomatoes in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix in half of the envelope of taco seasoning.
- Place thawed chicken on top of vegetables, and sprinkle with remainder of taco
seasoning. Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, and allow to cool.
- Remove vegetables from crock pot; set aside.
- Allow remaining liquid in crock pot to cool.
- Remove bones and skin from chicken as thoroughly as possible.
- Place de-boned meat in a large bowl, then mix in vegetables.
- Pour cooled remaining liquid from crock pot into a large saucepan.
- Add cornstarch and whisk until well blended. Heat saucepan over medium heat,
stirring often, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add one cup of the thickened sauce to the chicken/vegetable mixture (you can
add more if desired).
- Fill tortillas with chicken/vegetable mix, roll up and place seam side-down in
a large casserole pan.
- Cover burritos with a few spoonsful of the leftover sauce and cover with cheese.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Other Southwestern burro and burrito recipes you may like...
Baked Steak Burritos
Chicken Burrito Skillet