Shredded Chicken Burritos
- 1 (4-6 pound) whole chicken, thawed if frozen
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package large flour tortillas
- 1 package shredded Mexican cheese
- Place onions, peppers and both cans of stewed tomatoes in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix in half of the envelope of taco seasoning.
- Place thawed chicken on top of vegetables, and sprinkle with remainder of taco
seasoning. Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, and allow to cool.
- Remove vegetables from crock pot; set aside.
- Allow remaining liquid in crock pot to cool.
- Remove bones and skin from chicken as thoroughly as possible.
- Place de-boned meat in a large bowl, then mix in vegetables.
- Pour cooled remaining liquid from crock pot into a large saucepan.
- Add cornstarch and whisk until well blended. Heat saucepan over medium heat,
stirring often, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add one cup of the thickened sauce to the chicken/vegetable mixture (you can
add more if desired).
- Fill tortillas with chicken/vegetable mix, roll up and place seam side-down in
a large casserole pan.
- Cover burritos with a few spoonsful of the leftover sauce and cover with cheese.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.