Chocolate-Cinnamon Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cake: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jellyroll pan with
aluminum foil or wax paper; grease generously.
- Beat eggs in small mixer bowl on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about
5 minutes; pour into large mixer bowl.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in water and 1 teaspoon liqueur on low speed.
- Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, the baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert on towel sprinkled generously with cocoa.
- Carefully remove toil. Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary.
- While hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Unroll cake; remove towel.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons liqueur over cake.
- Spread with Cinnamon Whipped Cream; roll up.
- Sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream: Beat all ingredients in chilled bowl until stiff.