Classic Pound Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 10 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and butter. Add 2 eggs at a time and slowly blend.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Blend well and add
dry mix to egg mixture, then beat well.
- Add vanilla extract to batter.
- Pour batter into two well-greased and floured 7-inch loaf pans or a 10-inch angel
food cake pan to two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Cake is done when a wooden pick is inserted and comes
- Remove from the oven and cool.
For chocolate pound cake, add 1/4 cup cocoa to dry mix.
Delete vanilla extract and add 1 tablespoon orange or lemon bits.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.