Slices of tender white cake feature pretty flecks of fresh mint. The rum glaze
and whipped cream garnish are great!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 cup unflavored carbonated water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract plus 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract plus 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 15 fresh mint leaves, if desired
- hredded lime peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F for shiny metal or glass pan (or 325 degrees F for
dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking spray with
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix glaze ingredients. Heat to boiling over high
heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium; continue to boil 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until
glaze has thickened slightly.
- Poke warm cake every inch with fork tines.
- Pour glaze slowly over cake.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed until soft
- Garnish each serving with whipped cream, mint leaf and shredded lime peel.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Prep Time: 30 min | Total Time: 2 hours 20 min | Makes: 15 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude cake mix directions for 13
x 9-inch pan.
A mojito typically refers to a cocktail made with lime juice, sugar, mint
leaves and rum. We've taken those same flavors and turned them into a tasty
In a pinch, use purchased frozen whipped topping, thawed, instead of making
your own whipped cream.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 170); Total
Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 290mg; Total
Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 29g); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 4 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):