Pasteles de Cacao (Cocoa Cakes)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured muffin tins. Fill two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until cake tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Do
- Remove cakes from tins and cool on wire racks.
- Serve warm or cold.