Quick Mexican Divorce Cake
This is a no-bake cake that features layers of flour tortillas and mocha sour
cream, then it is smothered in whipped cream and refrigerated 6 hours or overnight
so the tortillas can soften.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup heavy
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, melt chocolate
- Stir in instant coffee and sour cream.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place one tortilla on a pretty serving plate.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the chocolate mixture on top.
- Repeat with 8 more tortillas, stacking them to make layers.
- Top with the remaining tortilla.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks start to
- Sprinkle in sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Frost sides and top of tortilla cake with whipped cream.
- Cover with a foil tent (don't let it touch the cream) and chill for 6 hours or
Serves 6 – 8.