Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- Garnishes: lime slices, fresh strawberries
- Combine pretzel crumbs and butter; firmly press on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up
sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes; set crust aside.
- Place strawberries in container of an electric blender; process until smooth,
stopping once to scrape down sides. Reserve 1/2 cup puree.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in 1/2 cup strawberry puree, lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec.
- Pour into prepared pan; pour reserved strawberry puree on top in a circle and
gently swirl batter with a knife.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes (center will be soft).
- Remove from oven and run knife around edge of pan to release sides. return to
oven; turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan; cover with plastic wrap and chill for 8 hours. Do not cover
with aluminum foil.
- Garnish if desired.