Tres Leches Cake (Three-Milk Cake)
Tres Leches Cake is one of the most delightful of Mexican desserts. The texture of the cake is absolutely divine.
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granuated sugar
- 5 large eggs eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan or use our Pan Release (which is way better).
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool.
- Combine the coconut cream, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk together.
- Pierce the top of the cake all over with chopsticks. Pour coconut cream mixture evenly over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together until thick. Spread over the top of cake.
- Decorate the top of cake with blue or red maraschino cherries or fresh strawberries.
- Keep the cake refrigerated.