Date Candy (Dulce de Datiles)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 pound chopped, pitted dates
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, mix milk, honey, sugar and salt; bring to a boil, then simmer
for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped pecans and dates. Stir the mixture until it is thick. This should
take less than 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla extract and butter and spoon the mixture into a greased mold
or onto a plate and allow it to cool.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-baked crust.
- To use as a filling for pie, either double or increase the recipe by 50 percent,
depending on the size of the pie plate.
Other Southwestern candy recipes you may like...
Chocolate Covered Peanut Patties
Pinon Red Chile Fudge