- 4 cups milk
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup pinon nuts or pecans, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large pot over medium heat, boil the milk, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon
stick, stirring continuously, until the mixture forms a soft ball (234 degrees F).
- Mix in pinon nuts or pecans.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk for 3
to 5 minutes. The candy will form a warm paste.
- Quickly transfer to a pastry tube while still warm. Pass through the pastry tube,
cutting candies off in 3-inch lengths, onto a board dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Transfer candies to a container.
Yield: 12 (3 x 1-inch) candies