- 3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup nondairy liquid cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Melt 1 cup sugar, stirring constantly.
- Add boiling water, stirring to mix.
- Add remaining sugar, cream and salt. Cook over medium heat until the mixture
boils. Cook to 280 degrees F on a candy thermometer WITHOUT stirring.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Beat until it loses its gloss and holds its shape.
- Fold in orange rind and nuts.
- Spread in a buttered 8-inch square pan.