In the West, See's Candy Stores are famous.
- 2 (8 ounce) plain Hershey Bars, broken into pieces
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet
chocolate chips *
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (7-8 ounce) jar Marshmallow Fluff
or Marshmallow Creme
- 4 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
* Guittard are the best.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chocolate bars, chocolate chips, butter
and Marshmallow Fluff or Creme. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and evaporated milk. After bringing to
a rolling boil over medium heat, stir constantly for 4 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour hot sugar-milk mixture over chocolate in mixing bowl, stirring constantly
- Stir in chopped walnuts if using.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before eating.
Walnuts may be omitted, if desired.