In the West, See's Candy Stores are famous.
- 2 (8 ounce) plain Hershey Bars, broken into pieces
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (7-8 ounce) jar Marshmallow Fluff or Marshmallow Creme
- 4 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
* Guittard are the best.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chocolate bars, chocolate chips, butter
and Marshmallow Fluff or Creme. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and evaporated milk. After bringing to
a rolling boil over medium heat, stir constantly for 4 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour hot sugar-milk mixture over chocolate in mixing bowl, stirring constantly
- Stir in chopped walnuts if using.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before eating.
Walnuts may be omitted, if desired.
Other Southwestern candy recipes you may like...
Chocolate Covered Peanut Patties
Pinon Red Chile Fudge