Cheese and Bacon Jalapeno Rellenos
A cross between rellenos and poppers, stuffed jalapeños filled with creamy cheese
and crunchy bacon aren’t for the faint of heart or tongue.
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8 ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 18 jalapeño peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds and membranes removed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix all ingredients except peppers until well blended.
- Spoon into peppers. Place, filled-sides up, on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Yield: 18 servings
Substitute: Substitute 3 large red, yellow or green bell peppers, each cut into
6 triangles, for the jalapeno pepper halves. Top with cheese mixture before baking
Special Extra: Add 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) to the cream cheese
mixture before spooning into peppers.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Casserole Recipes