Chicken Chili Ole
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced chiles
- 2 tablespoons green hot pepper sauce
- 1 (9 ounce)
package corn tortillas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces Chihuahua cheese, shredded, or
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2-quart casserole.
- In large skillet heat the margarine and sauté onion until tender. Add chicken,
cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups, chiles and green hot pepper sauce.
- Dip one-third of the tortillas into the chicken soup and cover the bottom of
the prepared dish. Spread one-third of the chicken mixture over the tortillas and
top with one-third of the cheese. Repeat, making three layers in all, ending with
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Serves 4 to 6.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 9/19/2001 5:24 pm.