Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 2 or 3 whole chicken breasts
- About 15 corn tortillas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small can green chiles, chopped
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can
cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can water or chicken
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook chicken in water until tender; remove skin; cut or shred into bite size
- Mix onion, chiles, soups, water or broth and garlic together with chicken in
saucepan. Bring to boil; then remove from heat.
- Cut tortillas into 1-inch pie shaped pieces. Layer tortillas, chicken soup mixture
and cheese alternately to make 6 layers in a large casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered, at 350 degrees F.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread