Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 2 or 3 whole chicken breasts
- About 15 corn tortillas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small can green chiles, chopped
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can water or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook chicken in water until tender; remove skin; cut or shred into bite size
- Mix onion, chiles, soups, water or broth and garlic together with chicken in
saucepan. Bring to boil; then remove from heat.
- Cut tortillas into 1-inch pie shaped pieces. Layer tortillas, chicken soup mixture
and cheese alternately to make 6 layers in a large casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered, at 350 degrees F.