Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 5 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat,
sauté chicken and onion in butter for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chiles, chili powder and cumin. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sour cream, Cheddar cheese and 1 cup of
the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place one tortilla in casserole dish; cover with 1/5 of
the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup corn and 1/4 of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers
three more times. On top of last tortilla, place remaining chicken mixture and 1/2
cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes until light brown and bubbly.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Casserole Recipes