Chile Rice Casserole
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
pound Monterey jack cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Season rice with salt and pepper. Combine sour cream, salt and chiles. In the
prepared casserole, place a layer of rice, cover with a layer of the sour cream
mixture, and top with strips of Monterey jack cheese. Repeat, making 2 or 3 layers
and ending with rice on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread