Cornbread Taco Bake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (12
ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (2.8
ounce) can French fried onions, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain. Stir in taco seasoning, water, corn, bell
pepper and tomato sauce. Pour into a 7 x 12-inch glass dish or 2-quart casserole
- In a bowl, mix corn muffin mix according to package directions, then stir in
one-half can onions. Spoon corn muffin mixture around outer edge of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and sprinkle cheese and remaining
onions on the corn muffin topping.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread