Enchilada Casserole (T&T)
Here's my favorite enchilada casserole recipe.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 can drained Mexi-corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag tortilla corn chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and onion in large skillet, drain when done. Stir in everything except
for corn chips and cheese. Cook for ten minutes on low. Stirring occasionally.
- You're going to layer it like a lasagna. Place broken up tortillas chips on bottom
layer with cheese and meat sauce. Repeat this process ending with cheese on top
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven until the cheese mixture melts and is golden
- Serve leftover chips with salsa.
Posted by tweetycook at Recipe Goldmine May 13, 2001.