Enchilada Casserole (T&T)
Here's my favorite enchilada casserole recipe.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 can drained Mexi-corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag tortilla
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and onion in large skillet, drain when done. Stir in everything except
for corn chips and cheese. Cook for ten minutes on low. Stirring occasionally.
- You're going to layer it like a lasagna. Place broken up tortillas chips on bottom
layer with cheese and meat sauce. Repeat this process ending with cheese on top
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven until the cheese mixture melts and is golden
- Serve leftover chips with salsa.
Posted by tweetycook at Recipe Goldmine May 13, 2001.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread