Green Chile Tortilla Casserole
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chiles
- 1 small can chopped ripe olives
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Place tortillas in oil for 15 seconds on each
side to soften; set aside.
- Pour off oil from skillet; brown meat with seasonings over medium heat.
- Tear 4 tortillas into 6 pieces; layer in casserole dish. Cover with 1/4 of the
the meat, soup, chopped onions, chiles, olives and cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese
- Bake at 325 degrees F until bubbling.
Yield: 3 servings