- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 bunch green onions
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (unless making the night before).
- Fry bacon until crisp, then remove from pan.
- Sauté onions in bacon fat.
- Combine eggs, bacon, onion, milk, chiles, salt, cumin, pepper and cheese. Pour
into an ungreased 9- or 10 1/2-inch square baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
This can be made the night before serving.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Casserole Recipes