- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 bunch green onions
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded
Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (unless making the night before).
- Fry bacon until crisp, then remove from pan.
- Sauté onions in bacon fat.
- Combine eggs, bacon, onion, milk, chiles, salt, cumin, pepper and cheese. Pour
into an ungreased 9- or 10 1/2-inch square baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
This can be made the night before serving.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread