- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 bunch green onions
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded
Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (unless making the night before).
- Fry bacon until crisp, then remove from pan.
- Sauté onions in bacon fat.
- Combine eggs, bacon, onion, milk, chiles, salt, cumin, pepper and cheese. Pour
into an ungreased 9- or 10 1/2-inch square baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
This can be made the night before serving.