King Ranch Chicken
- 1/2 to 2/3 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 dozen corn tortillas
- 2 frying chickens, boiled, then cut into bite-size pieces (save stock)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes
- Put Cheddar cheese in a bowl and sprinkle with chili powder and seasonings.
- Spread soups over cheese.
- Quickly dip tortillas into boiling chicken stock to wilt.
- Layer a 13 x 9-inch
baking dish with tortillas and add ingredients in the order listed above.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F.
Feeds a crowd!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Casserole Recipes