- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can
- 1 cup Pace picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 (16 ounce) low fat cottage cheese
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup
grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 corn
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brown meat; drain. Add corn, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and cumin.
simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic salt. Mix well.
- Arrange 6 tortillas on bottom and up sides of lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch
baking dish, overlapping as necessary. Top with half the meat mixture. Spoon cheese
mixture over meat. Arrange remaining tortillas over cheese, overlapping as necessary.
Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before
serving with additional picante sauce.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: The Houston Chronicle