- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
(15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- In a skillet brown the ground beef. Drain off fat.
- Combine beans, enchilada and tomato sauces in a bowl with minced onion. Set aside
1 cup corn chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add the remaining cheese and corn chips with the meat to the beans. Stir to blend.
Empty into a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread the top with sour cream and sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Ring the
remaining corn chips around the edge; return to the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or
until the cheese melts.
This will double or triple easily for a large group. May be made ahead and refrigerated.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread