- 2 (16 ounce) cans yellow hominy
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, seeded and chopped, or 2 fresh jalapenos,
seeded and chopped, or if you like it spicy, 2 whole jalapenos, chopped
- 1/8 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon good chili powder or fresh
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm Cornbread stuffing
or bread crumbs
- Mix all ingredients except for stuffing or bread crumbs and place in a 2-quart
oiled casserole dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 25-30
- After baking, more Monterey jack cheese can be sprinkled over the top and
melted under the broiler.
For a "meatier" dish add 1 pound browned, drained ground beef and 2 cups cooked
pinto or garbanzo beans.
I play with this recipe a lot and add this and that to it.
Posted at recipestogo.com by NativeTexasRose 2005/5/14 09:22.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread