Ranch House Chili Casserole
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 pounds boneless beef, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
(20 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, drain and crumble. Pour
off all but 3 tablespoons fat.
- Brown meat in the fat and put into a 3-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic and 1 cup water. Then add tomato sauce and stir in chile powder
mixed with the sugar.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon.
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread