Sausage Enchilada Casserole with
Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 tablespoon ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup salsa verde,
plus additional for serving
- 3/4 cup sour cream, plus additional for serving
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 corn tortillas
- jalapeño slices, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium high heat. Add sausage, cumin, garlic powder
and onion powder. Break up sausage into small pieces while cooking. Cook on medium
heat for 5 - 7 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through. Remove from heat and
stir in salsa verde and sour cream.
- Cover bottom of 12-inch square baking dish with 5 overlapping corn tortillas.
Spread 1/3 of sausage mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
over mixture. Layer 5 additional tortillas over cheese, followed by 1/3 of sausage
mixture, and another 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Repeat one last time, sprinkling
last 1 cup of cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped jalapenos and serve with additional salsa verde and sour
cream if desired.
Prep Time 15 min
Reprinted with permission from
Jones Dairy Farm.