Southwestern Comfort Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces Dorito corn chips, crushed, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can ranch-style beans or chili beans
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro*Tel, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, divided
- 2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese, divided
- 1 package flour tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking
- In a large skillet, brown the beef 5 minutes, using a spoon to break up
any large clumps. Drain off excess fat and add onion, garlic, and chili
powder. Continue to cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add the beans to the cooked meat mixture.
- Combine the tomatoes with the soup in a small bowl, mixing completely.
- Place about 3/4 of the crushed chips into the bottom of the casserole.
Spoon on half the beef mixture, then half the soup mixture. Then add half of
the shredded cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle the top of the dish with the remaining crushed Doritos.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until mixture is bubbling and top is lightly
- Serve with tortillas on the side.
Cook time: 35 mins | Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 341 cal., 14% from fat; 27 g protein,
5 g fat (1.7 g sat); 46 g carbo (7 g fiber); 1,186 mg sodium; 39 mg chol.