- 2 cups wagon wheel or rotini pasta
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 to 19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions but without using salt or oil; drain
and set aside.
- Cook beef and turkey 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans, broth, corn, chiles with juice,
and salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta just before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 341 cal., 14% from fat; 27 g protein,
5 g fat (1.7 g sat); 46 g carbo (7 g fiber); 1,186 mg sodium; 39 mg chol.