Southwest Sausage Casserole
Get this ready the day before serving, and pop it into the refrigerator.
- 1 pound hot sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- The day before you plan to serve this dish: Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan. Layer half
of the following: chiles, tortillas, sausage and cheese; repeat.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasonings; pour over tortilla mixture. Sprinkle with
paprika. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa; if desired.