- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked
- Tomato juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 3/4 cup grated
- Brown ground meat in oil until crumbly.
- Add garlic, salt, onion, green bell pepper
and chili powder. Sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are limp.
- Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans and rice. Add a little water or tomato juice as
needed. Turn into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for
- Sprinkle with olives and cheese. Uncover.
- Bake for 15 minutes longer or until cheese