- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked
- Tomato juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 3/4 cup grated
- Brown ground meat in oil until crumbly.
- Add garlic, salt, onion, green bell pepper
and chili powder. Sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are limp.
- Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans and rice. Add a little water or tomato juice as
needed. Turn into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for
- Sprinkle with olives and cheese. Uncover.
- Bake for 15 minutes longer or until cheese
Other Southwestern casserole recipes you may like...
Poblanos Florentine Casserole
Smoked Chicken and Green Chile Bake
Green Corn Tamale Casserole
Chili Casserole with Cornbread