Black Bean Chili
- 2 (15 ounce) ounce cans black beans
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, combine beans with all ingredients except salt
and pepper. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with salsa, chopped onions and grated
cheese, if desired.