Black Bean Chili
- 2 (15 ounce) ounce cans black beans
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, combine beans with all ingredients except salt
and pepper. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with salsa, chopped onions and grated
cheese, if desired.
Other Southwestern chili recipes you may like...
Tucson Mission Chili
Southwestern Smoked Maine Lobster Chili
Chili Queen Chili
Chile Verde de Puerco