Colorado Red Chili
- 3-4 pounds pork tenderloin or pork roast.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 12-15 whole New Mexico green chiles, roasted and peeled (or 5-6 cans whole green chiles)
- 2-3 jalapenos for heat
- 2 medium white or yellow onions
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks (or used canned diced tomatoes)
- 1 potato, shredded (optional)
- Cut pork tenderloin (or roast) into 1/2-inch cubes and coat
with the flour, salt and pepper. Brown in skillet with small
amount of oil until pork is well browned. Remove and set aside.
- Brown ground pork in same skillet and drain excess grease.
- Chop onions into large sections and add to skillet along with
the garlic to sweat. Add 1 cup of the chicken stock to deglaze
- In a large pot add the above pan mixture along with the pork.
- Chop green chiles into 1-inch slices and add to the big pot
along with the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then simmer
slowly for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with grated yellow cheese and tortillas or use to smother
rellenos, burritos, chimichangas, enchiladas, or use in breakfast
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.