Green Garlic Chili
- 3 pounds fresh pork, cubed in small pieces or coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 large onion
- 6 to 8 fresh New Mexico green chiles or 2 to 4 small cans whole green chiles, chopped
- 3 large fresh, home grown green tomatoes
- Heat oil in heavy Dutch oven or stainless pot. Cook pork until
it is white and braised on all sides.
- Remove pork from pot.
- Sauté whole, peeled cloves of garlic and onion in oil until
onion is clear.
- Chop tomatoes and green chiles; add them to the onion-garlic
mix. Sauté . Put pork back into the pot. Add enough water to
cover and simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until
pork is done and chili is thick. You may need to add more water
during the cooking process. Stir to prevent sticking.
- Serve in flour tortillas with plenty of picante sauce.
Other Southwestern chili recipes you may like...
Tucson Mission Chili
Southwestern Smoked Maine Lobster Chili
Chili Queen Chili
Chile Verde de Puerco