- 4 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 cans kidney beans, undrained
- Brown ground beef in a heavy skillet with onions, green peppers, jalapeno, garlic
and butter. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except the beans. Simmer for 45 minutes, adding more
water as needed.
- Add beans and simmer an additional 20 minutes.
- Spoon chili into bowls and serve.
Yield: 8 servings