Ground Beef Chimichangas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Hot oil or shortening
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Wooden picks to fasten
- Brown ground beef and drain well.
- Stir in onion and sauté.
- Stir in tomatoes, seasoning and garlic, and simmer over low heat for
- Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture along one edge of tortilla. Fold
nearest edge of tortilla to cover the meat. Fold in both sides
and roll and secure with wooden picks.
- Fry in hot oil or shortening until golden.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, chili, sour cream, shredded
lettuce, diced tomatoes, green onions or whatever you desire.