- 10 slices bacon
- 50 large Rocky Point shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup thick fresh salsa
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans green chile strips, diced
- 6 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- Fry bacon until crisp enough to chop. Remove bacon and retain
about 2 tablespoons fat in pan.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp, then
chunk. Grill in pan for 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese, salsa, tomatoes and chiles. Turn to blend, but
not long or shrimp will become tough. Divide and pile on tortillas.
Fold all sides over and fasten with wooden picks. Slide carefully
into hot oil and brown lightly.
- Drain on paper towels. (Or bake
at 400 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes.)
Other Southwestern chimichanga recipes you may like...
Deluxe Machaca Chimichangas