- 4 dried Anaheim chiles
- 1 pequin chile, dried (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed, dried
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Stem and seed chiles carefully. Do not rub your eyes and do not
use the pequ n chile unless you like things really hot!
- Combine and pulverize all ingredients in a molcajete (volcanic stone
bowl) or blender.
- Store in an airtight container.
You may add additional flavor by
using a dash of freshly ground cloves or allspice, if desired.