- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches with syrup
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh, pickled, or reconstituted
dried Habanero, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon
cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 3/4 teaspoon dry Colman's Mustard
- In a blender, puree the peaches with their syrup, tomatoes, onion, garlic and
Habanero until smooth.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium hat. Add pureed mixture and stir
in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 60 minutes or until
the mixture is reduced and very thick, but spoonable. Stir often toward the end.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate the ketchup overnight.
Use Habanero Ketchupp as you would regular ketchup.