Hot Hot Vinegar
- 9 chiles de arbol
- 7 cascabel chiles
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 fresh scallions
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 3/4 cups cider vinegar
- In a dry cast iron skillet, toast chiles briefly over medium heat,
just until fragrance begins to be released. Place the chiles in
a quart bottle or jar.
- Add cilantro, scallions and garlic, using
a wooden spoon handle to help position the ingredients.
- In a saucepan, bring the vinegar to a boil, and pour as much of
it over the chiles, vegetables and herbs as will fit in the bottle
- Cool to room temperature, cover, and store in a dark place
for at least 5 days before using.
- Sprinkle it over Drunken Beans or Quelites, or use it in salsa and