- 1/3 cup Colman's dry mustard
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup beer or water
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos, plus 2 tablespoons jalapeno pickling liquid
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix the dry mustard and vinegar until a smooth
- Stir in mustard seeds; cover, then let the mixture
sit at room temperature for several hours.
- Transfer the mustard mixture to a small, heavy saucepan. Add remaining
ingredients and warm over medium-low heat. Cook the mixture slowly,
stirring frequently, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer mustard to a small jar and refrigerate
for later use.
The mustard keeps for up to 2 weeks. Use it as you
would any other mustard.
Other Southwestern condiment and seasoning recipes you may like...
Firehouse Chili Powder
Santa Fe Mexican Marinade
Chipotles en Adobo