Santa Fe Mexican Marinade
This is an excellent marinade recipe which is great on chicken, pork and beef.
- 2 cups water
- 6 chipotle peppers
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- If using dry chipotle peppers, boil them in the 2 cups of water
for 10 minutes to soften.
- After you have boiled the chipotle peppers
and they have softened, remove from heat and let cool.
- If using canned chipotle peppers, you can skip the step above.
all ingredients in a blender and puree for 1 minute.
- Remove marinade
from blender and reserve.
Makes 3 1/2 cups marinade.