Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed, dried red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until evenly distributed.
- Spoon mixture onto a 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to
make airtight or store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Label,
then store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
Makes 2 tablespoons.
Taco Filling: Brown 1 pound ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain
Add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix. Reduce heat
and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes filling for 8 to 10 tacos.
Other Southwestern condiment and seasoning recipes you may like...
Firehouse Chili Powder
Santa Fe Mexican Marinade
Chipotles en Adobo