- 3/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional - use for
a sweeter cookie)
- 1/8 cup ground flax seed
- 1/8 cup oat bran (or use ground-up
oats or flour)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mesquite
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine butter and maple syrup with a hand-mixer and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flax seed, oat bran, pecans or walnuts,
salt, mesquite flour and regular flour.
- Mix butter into flour mixture.
- Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut with a cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.