Mexican Orange Thins
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Grated rind
of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup nuts, ground fine
- 1/4 cup orange
- Cream butter; add sugar, orange rind and egg; beat till light.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll very thin, cut with floured cutters.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes.
Yield: 10 dozen
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/22/2001 8:47 am