Powder Cookies (Polvorones)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Chill for 5 hours.
- Roll out on floured surface. Cut into 1-inch cookies. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Dust with additional confectioners' sugar while hot.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen