Almond Flan (Flan Almendrada)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely ground almonds
- Sprinkle sugar evenly in 9-inch cake pan; place over medium heat.
Caramelize the sugar by shaking the pan over the heat until sugar
is melted and light golden brown. Allow to cool; mixture may crack
- Blend remaining ingredients at high speed for 15 seconds. Pour over
caramelized sugar. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in
large, shallow pan containing about 1-inch of hot water. Bake at
350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove the pan from water and uncover; let cool on a wire rack.
Loosen edges with the tip of a knife. Place serving plate upside
down on top of the pan and quickly invert the flan onto it.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.