Ancho Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ancho chile powder
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Semisweet chocolate curls for garnish
- Combine the chocolates, Grand Marnier and ancho powder in a heavy
saucepan and cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat the whipping cream, adding the confectioners' sugar until
soft peaks form.
- Gently fold about one-fourth of the whipped cream
into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes and chill until ready
- Garnish with semisweet chocolate curls.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate values per serving: 403 calories, 31 g fat, 54 mg
cholesterol, 4 g protein, 32 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 24 mg sodium,
66 percent calories from fat